Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does yoga really help with stress?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alejandro03

Does yoga really help with stress? Empty
PostSubject: Does yoga really help with stress?   Does yoga really help with stress? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:22 am

I've done yoga... not on a daily basis... but I have done yoga on several occasions and I can tell you it is definitely a very tough workout but it does have it's relaxing qualities.
well,...i want your opinions on this???

does anyone here do yoga?
Back to top Go down
MedicNiki
Admin
MedicNiki

Does yoga really help with stress? Empty
PostSubject: Indeed!   Does yoga really help with stress? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:15 am

In my opinion, YES Yoga helps with stress. It helps with immediate stress/anxiety, but also has a lasting effect with regular practice...almost like you build up a therapeutic level Yogic Zen in your body.

Try this: Next time you're super stressed, do Yoga. Even if its just a couple of your favorite poses held for 2 minutes or a few cycles of deep, slow breaths, or better: a 60-90 minute practice. I can almost guarantee it will work better than punching something, screaming at someone, or driving away really fast.

I'm not saying I'm so perfect I always handle stress this way, but now that I've suggested it to the others, I'll be more lkely to remember it more, myself. Yay! I'm so glad you asked this question Very Happy

~Niki
Back to top Go down
http://www.ParamedicCooks.com

Does yoga really help with stress?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum Friday Topics :: Yoga-
Jump to: