Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Name that ALS SImMan!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MedicNiki
Admin
MedicNiki

Name that ALS SImMan!!! Empty
PostSubject: Name that ALS SImMan!!!   Name that ALS SImMan!!! EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:28 pm

ALS Sim-Man is the newest model of simulated training for health care providers. I saw him used in the EMS setting, but he can be used for other health care professions as well. He is quite a multi-talented hunk of plastic and latex. Instructors can set multiple various values such as pulse rates and quality, cardiac rhythms, lung sounds and chest rise, blood pressures, airway patentcy, gender, and pupils. Students can measure, assess, and treat abnormal findings, including intubating, chest decompression, cricothyroidotomy, IV initiation and therapy, defibrillation, and also inserting chest tubes and foley catheters! How insane is that ?! He can also be moulaged, is tremendoulsy limber, and even speaks! (P.S. for the ladies, there IS a mute button Laughing )

Thanks to my good friend Brad Newbury for giving me the opportunity to take part in the wonderful learning experience that is ALS SimMan! Brad is the CEO of the best Paramedic School in world, National Medical Education and Training Center, or NMETC, in West Bridgewater, MA.

BE ON THE LOOK OUT for a ParamedicCooks.com contest to name NMETC's newest addition: ALS Sim-Man! There will be lots of prize giveaways for the best submissions!

Back to top Go down
http://www.ParamedicCooks.com

Name that ALS SImMan!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum Friday Topics :: ALS Sim-Man-
Jump to: